As part of our partnership with Micro X, we are recruiting a Principal Electronics Engineer to relocate to Adelaide.
Salary circa $145,000 – $170,000 per annum
5% service equity
About the business and the role
An award winning business, Micro-X Limited is the inventor of the World’s first electronic x-ray tube (NEX technology). This novel technology, developed by Micro-X, uses Carbon Nano Tubes as field emission x-ray sources which are used to make miniature x-ray tubes. Using these tubes, Micro-X designs and manufactures a range of innovative, ultra-lightweight x-ray imaging products in medical and security applications. Launching its first products in 2016, The business continues to innovate, design and develop new pioneering products.
- Architecting software and firmware solutions for a wide range of new technology developments, including Computed Tomography, Mobile Digital Radiography, and backscatter products.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to drive customer centric solutions.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Technical reviewing and consulting to various product development projects
- Coordinating and performing software testing of prototypes and pre-production units.
- Formulate realistic development program schedules and budgets.
- Ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed.
- Guide and mentor more junior team members
- Continuous improvement of the software development process and practices
- Relationship building and managing positive customer-supplier relationships.
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ technical experience in complex multi-disciplinary system development and manufacturing in a commercial environment.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant C/C++ experience
- Experience with real-time control systems, architecting complex systems and architecture evaluation
- Experience with programming for STM32-family microprocessors and ARM processors is valued
- Comfortable with development tools such as compilers, debuggers, JTAG, logic analysers, build systems
- Complete understanding of business pressures and motivations, including a strong ability to adjust to tight and moving project deadlines.
- Exceptional people skills: our team, customers and suppliers are important to us.