As part of our partnership with Micro X, we are recruiting a Principal Mechanical Engineer to relocate to Adelaide.
Salary $145,000 – $170,000 per annum
5% service equity
About the business and the role
An award winning business, Micro-X Limited is the inventor of the World’s first electronic x-ray tube (NEX technology). This novel technology, developed by Micro-X, uses Carbon Nano Tubes as field emission x-ray sources which are used to make miniature x-ray tubes. Using these tubes, Micro-X designs and manufactures a range of innovative, ultra-lightweight x-ray imaging products in medical and security applications. Launching its first products in 2016, The business continues to innovate, design and develop new pioneering products.
Job tasks & responsibilities
- Delivery of mechanical engineering on Micro-X projects.
- Engineering analysis, design and development of mechanical systems.
- Integration of electronic systems.
- Thermal design, environmental design, design for manufacture, serviceability, functional performance and safety compliance.
- Supporting sustaining, cost reduction, feature enhancement and customer support troubleshooting as necessary.
- Contributing to the Micro-X development process and supporting best practice tools implementation.
- Planning and leading the delivery of assigned subsystem solutions and components working with a project team.
- Planning and implementing test plans for functional test and reliability.
- Relationship management and technical program guidance to external design partners and suppliers.
- Generation of design documents for regulatory submissions.
- Input to development program project schedules and budgets.
- Ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed.
- Adherence and improvements to the Micro-X quality system.
- Liaising with customers, manufacturing and other stakeholders to drive customer centric solutions.
- Configuration management of design outputs, change management process adherence.
- Liaising with customers, marketing, manufacturing and other stakeholders to drive customer centric solutions.
- Degree Educated in mechanical engineering or similar
- 10 years + work experience within an commercial mechanical engineering environment
- Experienced gained from within the medical, defence and security sectors would be highly desirable
- Leading and managing delivery of sub systems
- Proven ability of Thermal design , environmental design and design for manufacture
- Demonstrable experience of Design, development and analysis of mechanical systems
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a project team within an advanced manufacturing environment
- Experience of test plans for functional and reliability testing
- Work with customers and peers to deliver product enhancements
- Work collaboratively to achieve best practice, process efficiency and cost reduction
- Experience of producing design documents for regulatory approval
- Demonstrate a customer centric focus